* In our environment there are many issues to be resolved, one of the important issue is about waste management. We the citizens are responsible for this. It’s our primary duty to convert our resources to a much useful one for the future generations. We must not exploit the resources instead should create a nature friendly environment. We must utilise the usage of every waste product by recycling process.
* It is the duty of every individual in our society to dispose the waste used by them in a appropriate segregated manner such as bio degradable and non- bio degradable waste. But everyone in the society not does this because of their unawareness and lethargic behaviour. In that way someone have to take up the initiative in creating awareness about the waste disposal. This has to be circulated throughout the nation to create a healthy, disease-free society.
” We blame the society for every issues but we forget that we are the One’s who belong to the same society”
TYPES OF WASTE :
Waste are classified into four types
1. Industrial waste
2. Commercial waste
3. Domestic waste
4. Agricultural waste
* Industries and factories dump certain toxic wastes and oils in oceans, harming the aquatic life on the planet. When this aquatic life is consumed by human beings, this will poison the entire food chain on all levels. Commercial wastes are plastic and paper waste disposed in shops,school and such places. Domestic waste are leaves and vegetable waste. Agricultural waste are cattle waste,weed,husk.
AIM OF ZERO WASTE :
* We must have an aim to achieve zero waste in our environment by joining our hands together for the waste management movement. We must work as a group to attain success. Disposing the waste in a proper manner is the basic step for this. Recovering usable waste by analysis is next to it. Then we have to recycle by extracting usable waste. Then reuse by deduplicating storage and restore quality. Prevention process reduce by penalizing applications of waste, giving incentivs for reduced waste. This cannot be done in a single day but continuous repetitive actions will definitely make this come true.
ROLE OF COMMUNITY IN WASTE HANDLING:
*Waste management is one of the essential process to be done in our society. Due to increase in population, the generation of waste is also increased. Slum clearance projects have to be done with extreme care by the government, as they prone to various diseases like dengue, malaria, and many more due to the unhealthy environment. In order to maintain a healthy life proper hygiene and sanitation are necessary.
* Waste management also generates employment for the people. The workers can do various jobs from collecting to the disposal of waste. Many waste products can be further used to produce energy. For instance some products can generate heat by burning. Composting is the method of converting organic waste into fertilizer, this increase the fertility of soil.
* Human waste dumped in soil for a period of six months is used to plant trees and as a organic fertilizers for gardens. In this method we able to get crops, vegetables which are healthy to our body. By consuming nutrition filled fresh products we gain immunity power to fight against the diseases.
WAYS TO CREATE ECO- FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT :
* The Government has to setup recycling plants in every district and village, so that the waste produced will be recycled immediately. Within the vicinity without being dumped on the land or water which causes pollution in the ecosystem. Without proper recycling and reusing and disposable systems in places, we dump harmful and toxic waste on land and water for many years, without realising the fact that this waste will eventually come back to us through food or through the very air we breathe.
WASTE CLEARANCE- SAVES POLLUTION:
* Clearing up the wastes in our society helps in avoiding air pollution. Dumping up of waste in a particular place without being removed by the corporation regularly creates an invitation for diseases. Mosquitoes and other insects develop in the wastes in result causing disease to us. Also we can avoid the odor smell by disposing it properly. Next is the drainage system mixing with drinking water. Poor drainage system has resulted in spoiling a coovam river in Chennai which once used by people in many ways. Our duty is to prevent from our water resources as it is declining already. Drinking contaminated water also causes several diseases. We must not expect the government alone to solve our problems , we ourselves have to step up in creating rain watery
water harvesting, create water storing places by digging lakes for our future.
* This disposal of waste should be educated from the childhood in schools and house by instructing them to dispose waste only in dustbins and also educate them about the segregation of waste which is also important. The children thereby will grow up with the habit of keeping the surrounding clean, will also turn up into volunteers to the waste management in the society. So it is our primary duty to sow the seeds on the kind little hearts which will grow up and give back a sweet ful fruit in future which is also good for themselves. We must care about the waste disposal workers who takes up waste from each and every houses, and also to corporation drainage cleaners those who clean up our own waste, risking their own life, even with a low wage. We must treat them in a encouraging and supportive way as ” They are the Real hero’s” , they make our environment clean and free from diseases. Finally I conclude my essay that each and every citizen must look up the problems with a “Social minded thinking “. We must think in a way that it should be useful and profitable to our entire community.