1. Waste management is essential in today`s society. Due to increase in population, the generation of waste is getting doubled day by day. Also, the increase in waste is affecting the lives of many people.
Garbage in our country is a very serious issue. Very less people know the value of our environment and this earth and so that less people keep the environment neat and clean.
2. And also there are people who keep their house clean but they disrespect the environment by polluting it.
3. People have to understand that only cleaning their houses will not keep them safe but they also have to clean their surrounding beautiful so that diseases do not occur to the them by their garbage collection and follow throwing garbage on a regular basis and take care of the environment as their home .People should have feelings towards the nature as they have feelings towards their dear ones then only they will be able to clean their environment.
4. And yes, our garbage is our responsibility only. People should take this as a pledge for themselves and follow it like this earth is also their own home.
5. People should not only give advice to the others but firstly they should follow it themselves and then by seeing you others may also get inspired but a single and small step of a single person also brings a large change in the country because that single step becomes a large step for the environment onward.
6. We are perhaps the most populated country in the world. So obviously we produce the highest amount of garbage in the world and also there is no such type of god garbage management policy in our country especially in the rural areas.
7. At home we must manage our own garbage. We must separate bio degradable garbage from the non Bio degradable garbage.
8. We should maintain it on a daily basis and also inspire others to do so but firstly we should follow it regularly.
9. The towns and cities must have proper garbage treatment and recycling plants to preserve the beauty of the environment.
10. And, if single people do it on a regular basis then that single person only can make a large effect in our country and slowly if everybody know the value of their earth and started keeping their environment clean then it will be a drastic change for our country.
11. There should be an awareness programmed for the people to keep them aware of the environment cleanliness and purity.
12. There are many programs also started for this like in Tamil Nadu there is a program named “my waste my responsibility’’ for no dumping of waste. The organization has been working in the field of waste management since January 2016.
13. There are various NGO also for waste management like SAHAS. It is a non- profit organization working in the field of waste management. It started as a Bangalore based NGO 2001. It is helping the communities across rural and urban India by reducing, reusing and recycling the waste.
14. Also there is NSWAI i.e., National Solid Waste Association of India. It is the only leading professional
Non-profit organization in the fields of solid waste management of India.
15. Also there is Swachh Bharat Mission or clean India mission is a campaign initiated by the government of India in 2014 to eliminate open defecation and improve solid waste management.
There are 2 phases in this. The first phase includes eradication of manual wastes, generating awareness about sanitation practices and augmentation of the collection of garbage.
The second phase aims to sustain the open defecation free country and improve the management of solid and liquid waste.
The government provided subsidy for construction of nearly millions of toilets between 2014 and 2019.
But still many Indians especially in rural areas did not use them. The campaign was criticized for forcing people to use toilets. But now condition is far better than it was before. Because rural people now become aware of the many things and the condition is much better now.
16. And plastic also creates a lot of garbage in the environment. So, there should be an alternative to the plastic like steel, leafs, etc.
17. Garbage is classified into bio degradable and non biodegradable. The former includes waste such as kitchen waste like vegetable and fruits, leftover food items and non veg. wastes
The latter includes plastics in the form of metals, glass, etc and this all cause very harmful effect to the human, animal life, plants and rivers also.
18. Garbage is not only generated in the kitchen but in other rooms also including washrooms. So there should be one basket in every room to maintain cleanliness.
19. Also if there is service available in your locality of the garbage collectors who come outside your house and collect all the garbage from your house and throw it and compost it anywhere.
20. Plastics cannot be banned completely but its use can be reduced by ourselves only if we care for our earth.
21. There are various things we can do to reduce waste such as
Stop buying unnecessary and so much of stuffs
Avoiding food wrapped in plastics
Bringing your own bag
Buying things in bulk
Get your own reusable bottles
22. People living in slums are very close to the garbage area. Therefore, they are prone to various diseases. Hence, putting their lives in danger, so to maintain a healthy life, proper hygiene and sanitation are necessary. And it is possible only with proper waste management.
23. There are very useful methods also to reduce garbage collection like,
RECYCLING- in this there is reuse of things that are thrown away as garbage.
LANDFILLS- in this the garbage that gets buried in large pits in the ground get covered by the layer of mud and then it decomposed inside pits over years which in turn provides bio-gas production and moisture content to the soil and the environment . But to some extent it is harmful for the environment also as it provides toxic chemicals also to the environment and water supplies.
COMPOSTING- It is the converting of organic waste into fertilizers. This method increases the fertility of the soil and hence it is useful in growth of the plants and yes, by reducing the production of waste we can definitely reduce pollution.
24. We always have to follow 3 mantras of reduce, reuse and recycle of the waste to reduce the garbage
“If each of us becomes aware of our social responsibility towards the nature then Swachh Bharat mission will not be just a dream”.