Plastic : From Waste to Wealth
Waste are unwanted materials which are discard after use or defective things. Example: Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) which contain plastic bottles, carpet etc. Hazardous waste which characterised the physical and chemical, plastic items can cause danger to health and environment. Plastic are non biodegrable materials. It is like cellphones, refrigerators, automobile,pipes, construction materials . Waste is deeply linked to lifestyle choices. In fact, since time immemorial,all societies and cultures have looked for effective management of waste and often to put it to good use . Used and discarded materials are transformed to beautiful artifacts. Generation of less waste reuse of consumables, recycling of waste and recovery of valuable resources from waste are considered as good practices. Thus waste management is strongly linked with the idea of sustainable development. Meeting the goals of sustainable development is an outstanding global challenge.
Yet much of that plastic waste can be used as fuel in the manufacturing of cement, which involves heating limestones in large furance at temperature 1450 degrees Celsius until it liquifies. Plastic make possible many things people do not recognize as plastic at all likes paints, protective coatings and livings , adhesive and hard and shattered resistant,other are soft and flexible. Be conscious of the amount of plastic material you are using and try to replace plastic with something more sustainable whenever possible. Reuse any plastic that you have already acquired and recycling used plastic to keep it out of the waste stream and reduce demand for new plastic. Collaborater with different industries and linkage with different stakeholders. Waste can be carried out and seeing to sustainability of program it is necessary to good outcome. People are involves even rag-pickers have good options. Through the use of past LCA ,it investigates both plastic waste disposal options and environment effect of the activities of plastic waste management by using meta and statistical analytical methods. Government has promote certificate courses on waste to wealth. Here are some examples to understand Waste to Wealth.
Some points how to plastic make waste to wealth :
1.Conversion of Waste plastic into Liquid Hydrocarbons : We will convert waste plastic into useful things like furance oil and LPG. Plastic and petroleum derived fules are hydrocarbon. Plastic molecules have longer chain than those in LPG,petrol and diesel fuel. Easy to convert waste plastic into fuel. This process is ‘Thermal Selective Splitting’ method. In this process oxygen free environment and produce small molecule . Example: carry bags, broken things,PVC pipes, computer product and other plastic waste. In large amount waste is convert in valuable product.
2.Bio-Methanation Plant at Koyambedu Wholesale Market : In bio-methanation plant utilisation of organic waste generate perishable market for power. This plant handle about 30 metric tonnes of perishable waste daily and will generate on an average of 2375M of gas through BIMA digester to generate electricity about 5000 unit.
3.Polythene Recycling Unit by CEE : Plastic recycling is an useful to protect the environment Center for Environment Education (CEE) has developed the polyloom which is plastic weaving handloom that helps reuse and recycling of unwanted plastic. Polyloom is used to produce plastic woven fabric with different designs, which is then used to tailor and create finished products like bags, pouches, bottles holders,etc.
1. Firstly waste products saves our money if we use our products in right way .
2. We convert waste into useful product like pot, vegetables, bucket, wallhanging, lamp, shoes boxes, decorative products which is used in our house and marriage halls. And those products which are totally waste give it flea.
3. Another hand we start our business to sell waste products and earn more money to survive our life .
4. It is used in animal husbandry to make the straw bucket .
5. Plastic are also use like cellphones, refrigerators, automobiles,
6. In my house when my family members brought any things in plastic bags we keep it and use next time when we require. So it’s also save our little money.
7. If everyone use their kitchen goods like empty plastic bottles as a plant pots then it also reduce some money.
8. Government agency should be increase to collect waste and this waste pay some money according to types of waste and weight.
Rag-pickers collect different types of recycling things. They have good environment to learn many things to improve their skill and knowledge untill as well.
9. Avoiding and reducing the generation of waste through the cost of reflective and increase or create the awareness.
10. Plastic are used to make bicycle helmets,child safety seats and airbags . They are in the roofs ,walls , flooring and insulation that make homes and buildings. Plastic is versatile, hygienic, lightweight, flexible and highly durable.
11. Landfilling and pyrolysis that are plastic waste disposal methods and their performance. Profitable manufacturing opportunities in plastic and polymer industry. Tyre is also recycled.
12. We consume through traditional retail, the popularity of on online retail and food delivery apps through restricted to big cities is constituted the rise in plastic waste.
Waste are good business because if any people are no any business and job . It will be start their startup to have good income .