Theme2020: waste in my community
Introduction: In Our country a person can produce average 450 grams of waste per day. Our entire Indian country produces Million tonnes of garbage,which is either decomposable or non decomposable.This waste poisons our entire environment daily in an ascending order.
Effects caused by waste in community
Green house effect:
- The maximum amount of dailywaste has been producing by individuals,reaches to community by waste pickers.Then it is shifted to the dumping yards by waste collection services.
- All these waste undergo decomposition by bacteria which may cause it to rot and releases methane,a greenhouse gas.
- This emissions of Hazardous methane gas causes Green house effect,global warming too.
Waste in our community causes pollution:
- Soil pollution: Huge amount of waste segregated in the communities,Dumping yards..There are both degredable and non degradables in the garbage.Mainly Plastic is one of them,which causes severe damage to soil and there by plant life.
- Air & water pollution:our land fills up by waste,which emmits harmful gases that pollutes air. This emission of Hazardous gases effects our Human life,plant and animal lives also.Incase of Humans air pollution leads to several allergies,lung diseases,effects reproductive system severely and also causes organ disfunction. Mostly waste from the industries,companies has been dumping in ponds,rivers leads to water pollution which affects Both human life &marine life.
- Effects on climate:The emissions of Hazardous gases, greenhouse gases and all the above pollutions leads to changes in the climatic conditions,which might cause global warming ,ozone depletion .As we already know, there are several harmful effects of ozone depletion .
- Effects on Human health:The waste in the community impacts severe Damage to Health.It causes an increase in population of flies,mosquitoes,rats,insects and also breed many pests that carry several diseases to environment & then to bodies of Humans.
WHAT did our planet wrong with us?
Our planet and our environment is our mother ,it wouldn’t Harm never and ever by itself. But we are causing severe pain and damage to our mother by our own activities.
We are all the foolish people construing burial to our mother planet and also to ourselves & to our next generations too,,Just because of selfishness & laziness, to lead Comfortable and jolly life ,so all of us should take measures to protect our mother environment.
Measures To Take For The Management Of Waste
Just follow 4R principle:
- Reduce:The main content of the Garbage is plastic & polythene bags.It is so good to buying products with less packing& reducing the use of harmful materials and it is better to replace them by paper products.
- Reuse: we can reuse 75% of all the waste by composting and also by making them alternate, different, decorative by several crafts methods ,that were provided on social media platforms.
- Recycling:Recycling is the perfect process for non degradable materials like plastic, polythene bags and metals.So Government should organize recycling programmes.
- Recover: If the waste is still left over even after applying 3R principle,we can use that waste to make energy by EFW(Energy from waste) facility.
Banning of plastic:
The deterioration of our mother environment is mainly caused by plastic,which acts as back bone to pollution.
The government of India has additionally restricted the utilisation of plastic bags in many states.
On India’s 73rd Independence,Our honourable prime minister Narendra Modi sir stressed on the waste generated due to usage of plastic.
The Prime Minister said in his address from the Red Fort, “Can we free India from single-use plastic?
According to central pollution control board (CPCB),India produces 25000 tonnes of plastic waste every day. Most plastics are non-degradable and they may take a long time to break down once they are landfilled. They remained on earth for several years doesn’t decompose for ever.
Reducing the use of plastic would be in our hands only, rather than by Government. Our mother cannot breath properly due to covering up of her head with plastic bag, by all of us .So it is our responsibility to tear it.
Waste management is the major consequence faced by our community.Everyoneshould think about,what can we do with waste,that we produce?Is this waste advantageous in any reusable way? so that we can protect atleast our community.
Composting is one of the everlasting techniques to accomplish 3R principle to manage waste.
All the science students should be a part in the process of composting,in which it’s results can be applied on agriculture,aquaculture & also in plantation technologiesThe composting process adds several macro and micro nutrients to plants,increases the organic matter of soil.
Perfect coding of waste&proper collection of waste
On June 5th, the environmental day,,Our Narendra Modi sir introduced two colour coded dust bins for separation of wastes. After our citizens appealed to PM sir to introduce 3 colour coded dust bin model instead of Two coloured model
Green colour bin: This bin must use to Throw only biodegradable,organic and decomposable wet wastes like vegetables, food wastes etc.
Blue colour bin: This bin must use to Throw dry wastes which are non degradable,non decomposable like plastic bags,wrappers,rubber things,glass material wastes etc.
Black colour bin: This is only for domestic Hazardous wastes like sanitary napkins,Diapers,expired medicine etc.
Most of the people doesn’t know about these all. So educated people should teach these things to uneducated people.
Swatch Bharath means A clean India
Our honourable prime minister, Narendra Modi sir launched this mission on 2nd October 2014.
This mission focusing on to develop community managed sanitation systems & also focusing on solid waste and liquid waste management systems too.
So, all the people should clean our environment by being a responsible person to make our Bharath as Swatch Bharath.
Eonomic,social,Environmental performance of waste management:
In our developing country,Waste management proceeds by decentralised process,This process serves primary income to impoverished waste pickers &also for people working in the waste management.These waste pickers collect waste door to door daily,Hand sort these wastes and sell the recyclables to scrap dealers. These waste pickers separate non degradable materials like plastic, metals and recycle them.This causes decrease in rate of landfilling with waste.
Increase in rate of composting by addition of waste water:
Municipal solid waste(MSW),became a risk factor in our country due to dence population growth.
An MSW management go through other companies to optimize the process of composting with waste water. By adding waste water to MSW will lead to increase in the ratio of Carbon:Nitrogen ,adding oxygen to increases the rate of compost production.
Our India drive towards cleanliness, has been one of the largest ambition to reach. It is everyone’s responsibility to take care of our environment.
We are the students,educated so can learn all these things by ourselves through education.But what about uneducated ones?So it is also our responsibility to teach them properly &also government should conduct programmes to educate people about all their schemes on waste management.